Experienced Family Law Attorney Serves Clients in Nashville and Vicinity
Candid advice and determined representation focused on positive results for Tennessee families
Is there anything in life more important than family? WalshLaw is a legal practice dedicated to protecting the rights and interests of families in Tennessee. Since 2003, I have provided honest counsel and zealous advocacy for clients throughout the Nashville area. In my life, I have experienced a bit of my own family turmoil, including a divorce, which has given me greater empathy for my clients’ struggles. If you want a capable and compassionate attorney at your side, working tirelessly for a favorable outcome that rewards your trust, choose WalshLaw.
What to expect from the family law court in Tennessee
Family law court is part of the civil division of the state court. Its mission is not to punish wrongdoers but to facilitate resolutions to conflicts, so that individuals and families can live with greater security. Where children are concerned, the court’s overriding concern and guiding principle is their best interests. Unfortunately, because the court calendar is very crowded, the process can be slower than you might wish, which can add to the frustration you’re feeling over your legal issues. In my practice, I strive to make the process easier for my clients by providing personal attention that builds confidence and delivers peace of mind.
Providing a wide range of family law services in and around Nashville
WalshLaw is a full-service family law practice, assisting clients with a wide variety of legal issues, including:
- Divorce and legal separation — I capably manage all aspects of your divorce or legal separation, including issues of alimony, child custody, child support and division of property. I have experience representing service members and their spouses in military divorces.
- Post-divorce enforcement and modifications — If your ex is not fulfilling obligations under your divorce decree or you need a modification due to your changed circumstances, I can provide the experienced representation necessary to pursue the relief you need.
- Prenuptial agreements — I help engaged clients protect their property in the event of divorce by negotiating, drafting and reviewing premarital agreements.
- Adoptions — Tennessee law governs adoptions within the state. Any person 18 years of age and over who has lived in the state for at least six months may adopt if he or she can prove the ability to provide for the financial and emotional needs of the child. If the person to be adopted is 14 years of age or older, the adoption requires his or her consent. There is a one-year home residency requirement before a court can finalize an adoption, and there is a one-year statute of limitations for anyone to challenge the adoption. I guide you through the adoption process from beginning to end. Whether you are interested in an agency adoption, foster child adoption, open adoption, stepparent adoption, grandparent adoption, or sibling adoption, I provide the reliable advice you need to overcome all impediments to success.
- Juvenile court adjudications — As a former criminal defense attorney (who still takes select cases in this area), I have the courtroom skills necessary to protect your child’s rights in juvenile delinquency adjudications. I work positively and proactively with juvenile court judges to reach resolutions that truly advance your child’s best interests.
- Domestic violence — This is another area where my combination of family law and criminal court experience pay dividends for my clients. Whether you need a restraining order to protect yourself and your children, or you want to defend your good name from allegations of abuse, I take decisive steps to secure an appropriate outcome for your circumstances.
If you have a family law issue that’s not listed here, please contact my office and we can discuss how I might help.
Contact my Nashville, TN office for a free family law consultation
When a legal crisis strikes your family, you need capable and compassionate legal support. WalshLaw provides honest counsel and zealous advocacy for a wide range of family law matters. To schedule a free consultation, call 615-240-7457 or contact my Nashville office online. My office is located at 4535 Harding Pike, just west of White Bridge Pike and Woodmont Boulevard.